Various learning activities can be used within Learning Space and each one is represented by an icon. Here's a list of the most common activities along with a description of what they do:
- The assignment activity is used for electronic submission of work through Learning Space. For more information on using the assignment feature please see the guide on setting an assignment.
- The choice activity icon features a grey question mark within a circle. Choice is used within Learning Space to display a variety of suggestions which users are then able to select. For more information, see the guide on using choices
- Forums are used within Learning Space to facilitate discussions amongst cohorts. For more information please see the guides on using forums.
- Glossaries are used within modules and allows individuals to create, maintain and view a list of definitions.
- Online quizzes can be used within Learning Space as a tool to monitor and test students understanding of a topic or subject area. The icon for a quiz activity features a red tick on a white document.
- The scheduler booking activity allows users to select time slots presented to them. This activity is most commonly used on Learning Space to assist with one-to-one tutorial discussions. For more information see the guide on Scheduling a tutorial booking.
- Turnitin is another activity used for electronic submission of work through Learning Space. For more information on using this assignment feature please see the guide on Setting a Turnitin assignment.
- Wikis are predominantly used for collaborative work. Users can collectively create and modify an online web document together from inside Learning Space. For more information, see the guide on Updating a wiki.