This article explains what a class is in Journal and how to join one.
Why Join a Class?
Joining a class has two key benefits:
- If enabled by your course team - joining a class can enable you to see the posts of your peers
- Joining a class also allows your course team to revoke your editing rights on the deadline.
How To Join a Class
Note: If you haven't created a Journal yet, be sure to do that step first by following the 'How to create a new Journal' guide.
- Start by hovering over 'My Sites' in the navigation banner.
- Then, hover over your Journal, and click 'Dashboard'.
- Using the menu on the left, click ‘My Class’ and then ‘Join A Class’.
- In the ‘Search for a site:’ box, enter the name of the class site - this should have been provided to you by the course team. Then, click search.
Important: if you're having trouble finding the class site, please contact your course team.
- If you have entered the name of the class site correctly you will see a box with a 'request to join' button. Click 'request to join' to join the class.
- That is everything you need to do - you'll now need to wait for your course team to accept your request. This could take some time and you will be notified via email when your request has been successful.
For general queries about the Learning Space, students should first contact their module leader or personal tutor. For any other comments or issues within this guide, please contact the Digital Learning Team via firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please refer to the numerous help guides found on our Knowledge Base