This article will help you add a navigation menu to your Journal allowing users to access different parts of your Journal.
What is a Navigation Menu?
A navigation menu helps users switch between pages on your Journal, for example, you might have an ‘About’ page that you want users to navigate to.
Important: A menu will help you to navigate between Pages and not Posts, these are different.
Adding A Page To The Menu
Before you begin...
- Beware that all Journal themes behave differently. Creating a menu in your Journal theme may not be identical to the process outlined below.
- Make sure you that you have created at least two pages that you wish to display in your menu.
Once you have everything you need:
- Start by visiting your Journal and then clicking 'Customise' in the top navigation bar.
- From the menu on the left, click 'Menus'. If you do not see 'Menus' then, unfortunately, your theme will not be compatible with this guide.
- Next, click 'Create New Menu' and provide your menu with a name e.g. 'My Journal's Menu'.
- Then, choose which pages you want to appear in your menu by clicking on the plus icon next to the page name.
- Note that you may also be able to change the 'Display Location' of the menu.
- Once you're happy, click 'Publish'.
For general queries about the Learning Space, students should first contact their module leader or personal tutor. For any other comments or issues within this guide, please contact the Digital Learning Team via firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please refer to the numerous help guides found on our Knowledge Base.