A gallery displays images on your Journal is a user-friendly way to share a large collection of images on your Journal, this is achieved using the Metaslider plugin.
- Video Guide
- Installing the Metaslider Plugin
- Creating a Gallery Slideshow
- Adding a Gallery Slideshow to a post or page
- Further Support
Installing the Metaslider Plugin
To add a gallery to your Journal, you will need to first activate the Metaslider plugin. You can easily do this by following the steps below:
- From your Journal dashboard, select Plugins in the left column.
- Using the search box on the right, type in Metaslider and click Activate.
- You can check that Metaslider has been installed correctly by scrolling to the bottom of your dashboard and identifying the Metaslider button.
Creating a Gallery Slideshow
Now that you have installed Metaslider, it's time to create your first gallery.
- From your Journal dashboard, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Metaslider, from the left column.
- Start your new Slideshow by clicking the +New button which can be found under the Metaslider logo.
- By default your slideshow will be called 'New Slideshow', you can change this by clicking on 'New Slideshow' and typing in something more preferable.
- To add your first image, click the +Slide button from the right. You'll be asked to upload an image or select an existing image from your library - then click 'Add to Slideshow'.
- Click 'Preview' from the right menu to review your progress.
- You can add another image by repeating step 4.
- Once you're finished, click 'Save' from the right menu.
Adding your Gallery Slideshow to a post or page
The final step is to add your gallery slideshow to your post or page!
- Find the post/page you want to edit by clicking 'Posts' or 'Pages' from the menu on the left.
- Then, click 'Add Slider', which appears next to 'Add Media'.
- Finally, choose your newly created slideshow from the dropdown and select 'Insert Slideshow'.
- You'll notice that the slideshow appears as something similar to: [metaslider id=6]. Try previewing the page to see how the gallery actually looks on your live Journal.
For general queries about the Learning Space, students should first contact their module leader or personal tutor. For any other comments or issues within this guide, please contact the Digital Learning Team via email@example.com. Alternatively, please refer to the numerous help guides found on our Knowledge Base