This guidance will give you an overview of how staff accounts are managed on Learning Space and who to contact to add/remove additional staff members to your modules.
- How are staff assigned to modules?
- Assigning staff members to modules
- Removing a member of staff from a module
- How to unsubscribe from a module as a roaming staff member
- Further support
How are staff assigned to modules?
Module leaders are assigned to their modules through the use of data on the student record system. A member of your academic department will be able to update this for you if it is outdated. If you're not sure who can do this for you, please contact your department administrator.
Assigning staff members to modules
When it is necessary to add users in a staff role, you should contact the EdTech team on email@example.com.
You can add users in an observer role but they have fewer rights than students. Observers can look at the same content as students but cannot participate e.g. by submitting work or posting to discussions.
Removing a member of staff from a module
To remove a member of staff from the module, contact the Educational Technology team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to unsubscribe from a module as a roaming staff member
Unlike regular staff members, roaming staff can subscribe and unsubscribe themselves from modules. Here is how they can do that:
- Select the module page that you would like to remove yourself from
- Click the cog on the right and select "Unsubscribe me from...."
- Confirm that you want to unsubscribe
For further support on managing staff subscriptions on Learning Space, or to report any issues with this guide, please get in touch with the team at email@example.com.