This guide explains how staff can perform common operations on sections within a module, course and technical resource page. To perform any of the actions below, first ensure you have editing enabled by clicking "Turn editing on" in the top bar.
- Video guide
- Adding a section
- Editing a section
- Moving a section
- Hiding a section
- Highlighting a section
- Deleting a section
- Further support
Adding a section
1. To add more headings to a page, simply scroll to the bottom of any section and click 'Add sections'.
2. The newly created section will appear immediately after the section where you added it
Editing a section
1. To change the name of a section first click the pencil icon to the right of the name - Topic 3 in this example
2. Next enter a section name
3. To save hit enter or return on your keyboard.
Important: Clicking will not save the title, you must hit enter or return to save your changes
4. To add summary content to the section (optional), click the 3-dot icon at the end of the section name row and select Edit section from the dropdown menu.
Moving a section
To move a section it may first be useful to zoom out on your browser. Next, click anywhere next to the section name and use the multi-directional arrow that appears to drag the section to the location you want it.
Hiding a section
To hide a section from all students, click the 3-dot icon at the end of the section name row and select Hide section from the dropdown menu.
A 'Hidden from students' tag will then display next to the section name.
Highlighting a section
Highlighting a section can be useful for drawing a student's attention to a particular section on a module or course page.
To highlight a section click the 3-dot icon at the end of the section name row and select Highlight from the dropdown menu.
Once highlighted, a blue line will appear on the left side of the section and a ‘Highlighted’ tag will display next to the section name as shown below.
The highlighted section is also visible in the course content menu.
Deleting a section
To delete a section click the 3-dot icon at the end of the section name row and select Delete section.
For further support on Learning Space, or to report any issues with this guide, please get in touch with the Digital Learning Team via firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please refer to the numerous help guides found on our Knowledge Base.