This guide explains how staff can perform common operations on sections within a module, course and technical resource page. To perform any of the actions below, first ensure you have editing enabled by clicking "Turn editing on" in the top bar.
- Video guide
- Adding a section
- Editing a section
- Moving a section
- Hiding a section
- Highlighting a section
- Deleting a section
- Further support
Adding a section
1. To add more headings to a page, simply scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Add sections'.
2. You will then be asked how many extra sections you would like to add.
3. Newly created sections will appear at the bottom of the page with the title "Topic (number)".
Editing a section
1. To change the name of a heading first click the pencil icon on the right of the name
2. Next enter your new title name.
3. To save hit enter or return on your keyboard.
Important: Clicking will not save the title, you must hit enter or return to save your changes
4. To edit the content of the topic, select edit and choose 'Edit topic' from the dropdown.
Moving a section
To move a section it may first be useful to zoom out on your browser. Next, click and drag the multi-directional arrow on the left of the section title to the appropriate location.
Hiding a section
1. To hide a section from all students, select edit and choose 'Hide topic' from the dropdown.
2. A 'Hidden from students' tag as shown below will appear within the section.
Highlighting a section
1. Highlighting a section can be useful for drawing a student's attention to a particular section on a module or course page.
2. Simply select 'Highlight' from the edit dropdown and a green line will appear on the left hand side of the section as shown below.
Deleting a section
To delete a section simply select 'Delete topic' from the edit dropdown.
For further support on Learning Space, or to report any issues with this guide, please get in touch with the Digital Learning Team via firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please refer to the numerous help guides found on our Knowledge Base.