ThinkLink is a web application that allows you to create unique experiences with interactive images, videos and 360° media. You can easily create multiple 'hot spots' on specific parts of an image or video using 'tags'. A variety of media such as audio, video, external embeds and web links can be added to your ThingLink.
- Using ThingLink as a teaching tool
- Embedding your ThingLink into Learning Space
- Get a Shareable link to your ThingLink
- Further Support
Using ThinkLink as a teaching tool
Falmouth University has an institutional ThingLink account managed by Digital Learning. If you are interested in using ThingLink and you know how you want to use it, please follow these steps:
2. Press the 'CREATE' button at the top of the screen and upload the image or video you want to turn into a ThingLink.
3. Your image or video will now be uploaded and you can add tags to your media. There is no limit on the number of tags.
4. There are 4 different options for your tags; 'Add text and media', 'Add text label', 'Add content from website' and 'Create Tour'.
5. You have the option to change the icon which appears on the image and it's colour.
6. Once you have finished tagging your image and are happy with all of the content click the 'Done' button.
7. Your ThingLink is automatically saved in your private media area, which you can access by hitting the 'MY MEDIA' tab.
8. If you want to share your ThingLink with others in your department, move it to your departmental folder by clicking on the three dots underneath the preview image of it.
9. We recommend watching some tutorials ThingLink have created to make the most of the application.
Important: The ThingLink workspace is shared by all academic members so please do not edit or move anyone else's ThingLinks without their permission.
Embedding your ThingLink into Learning Space
Before embedding or sharing make sure the settings on your ThingLink are set to 'Unlisted'. We recommend this so that your ThingLink isn't publicly accessible and listed in ThingLinks database for others to clone and use.
There are two ways of getting the embed code:
1. If you have the ThingLink open then you have the option to click the 'PUBLISH' button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
2. If you are in your Media section or in one of your folders that the ThingLink is available in, then click on the three dots underneath the ThingLink and click 'Publish'.
3. Both of the above methods will bring up a box and you can then copy the 'Embed media' code.
4. We recommend embedding it in a new page activity on the Learning Space.
5. Once you have created the new Page activity and given it a title and description click on the content box and click the drop-down arrow in the editing window to get the HTML code view up.
6. You can now paste the embed code into this window and click 'Save and display'. Your ThingLink will now be viewable on the Learning Space.
Get a Shareable link to your ThingLink
If you don't want to embed the ThingLink in Learning Space you can invite students to view your ThingLink by using a shareable link. First use steps one or two from the section above. Both of the above methods will bring up a box from which you can copy the Shareable link.
For further support on Learning Space, or to report any issues with this guide, please get in touch with the Digital Learning Team via firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please refer to the numerous help guides found on our Knowledge Base.