MURAL is an application that allows remote teams to think and collaborate visually on a digital canvas in real-time, using a web browser on a desktop or mobile device. A variety of media can be added to a digital canvas including text, digital sticky notes and images. This guide is focused on the use of MURAL by staff members for activities that do not involve student engagement. If you are interested in using MURAL for teaching purposes please read MURAL for Teaching Purposes.
- Creating a private room
- Inviting others to a private room
- Creating a mural board
- Facilitating your mural board
- Changing MURAL notification settings
- Further Support
Creating a private room
Inviting others to a private room
A private room is not visible to other members of the Productivity workspace unless you have invited them to it. To invite someone to a private room, simply click on the name of the room from the left-hand menu and then click share from the right.
Creating a mural board
Now that you have created your private room, you are able to start creating mural boards, simply click 'Create new mural'.
Facilitating your mural board
There are many great features and templates within MURAL to help facilitate and guide team sessions. If you are new to facilitating MURAL then we recommend watching some basic tutorials MURAL have created.
- Link to "Navigating a mural" tutorial.
- Link to "Adding content to a mural board" tutorial.
- Link to "Formatting content" tutorial.
Once you have mastered the basics of getting around and adding content to a mural board we recommend you watch these tutorials focusing on facilitating MURAL sessions.
- Link to "Organize your murals by using areas and frameworks."
- Link to "Get people to stop moving content accidentally in this quick how-to."
- Link to "Save time preparing online meetings with templates."
- Link to "Make the most out of your facilitation sessions with follow and summon".
Changing MURAL notification settings
For further support on Learning Space, or to report any issues with this guide, please get in touch with the Digital Learning Team via email@example.com. Alternatively, please refer to the numerous help guides found on our Knowledge Base.